Life of Fantazia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would YOU say to all the hackers out there?

3 posters

Go down

What would YOU say to all the hackers out there? Empty What would YOU say to all the hackers out there?

Post by Rena1212 Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:52 am

What do you want to say to hackers Question
Rena1212
Rena1212
Moderator Blob

Back to top Go down

What would YOU say to all the hackers out there? Empty Re: What would YOU say to all the hackers out there?

Post by [GM]GameMaster Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:32 am

For now, I'll happily accept those temperate ones.
Virulent hackers are the ones I'd want to stay away from (like those w/ DoS attacks or simply "hack other people's stuff for fun" mentality...)

It'll be helpful for LoF to be hack-resistant. Having the players test and attempt to hack, then improving the game to block such exploit ultimately leads to a better game. So I would not mind too much about those hackers during testing phases.
[GM]GameMaster
[GM]GameMaster
Moderator Blob

Location : Life of Fantazia Development Mud-Shack (U.S. Central)

https://lifeoffantazia.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

What would YOU say to all the hackers out there? Empty Re: What would YOU say to all the hackers out there?

Post by Rena1212 Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:52 am

[GM]GameMaster wrote:For now, I'll happily accept those temperate ones.
Virulent hackers are the ones I'd want to stay away from (like those w/ DoS attacks or simply "hack other people's stuff for fun" mentality...)

It'll be helpful for LoF to be hack-resistant. Having the players test and attempt to hack, then improving the game to block such exploit ultimately leads to a better game. So I would not mind too much about those hackers during testing phases.

Yes i do agree and i also want to help to make LoF become hack-resistant but it's not easy at all.
I had to do that in Fiesta also and it took a while for us to block one bot. It was very difficult as it was a big one and we didn't know how to get rid of it.
Rena1212
Rena1212
Moderator Blob

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]jordz0005 Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:37 am

I personally have Some experience in the Hacking field, i volunteer to help you make LoF become Hack-Resistant.

[GM]jordz0005
Moderator Blob

http://jordz0005.x10.mx/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]GameMaster Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:36 am

Some efforts to continuously restrict hacking would indeed help the game. Thank you and I will be looking forward to collaborating with all of you to rule out future hackers. Unfortunately, (although I shouldn't say this) I will probably not invest too much time and effort specifically on putting up massive security measures- it is something I simply cannot manage to do at this point. Also, the games will have easy loopholes in some areas for the hackers, as it is needed to simplify and imrpove the in-game experience (in terms of smooth and non-teeth-gritting gameplay).
[GM]GameMaster
[GM]GameMaster
Moderator Blob

Location : Life of Fantazia Development Mud-Shack (U.S. Central)

https://lifeoffantazia.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]jordz0005 Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:33 am

I Agree with you, we should think of the security aspects once the game has been released, then we can include better security features in updates

[GM]jordz0005
Moderator Blob

http://jordz0005.x10.mx/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Rena1212 Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:21 pm

Yeah I agree too.
Rena1212
Rena1212
Moderator Blob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum