Life of Fantazia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Item Ideas

+2
Rena1212
[GM]jordz0005
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Item Ideas - Page 2 Empty Re: Item Ideas

Post by [GM]jordz0005 Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:50 am

Maybe you could just do Christmas items and Stuff like that first, then if people want they could set their birthday then they get the birthday items

[GM]jordz0005
Moderator Blob

http://jordz0005.x10.mx/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Rena1212 Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:52 pm

Very interesting. Maybe you could put in a enhancement option? Like from a normal weapon to a +5 weapon thats shiny maybe?
Rena1212
Rena1212
Moderator Blob

Back to top Go down

Post by Rena1212 Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Hehe a bit out of topic for the last few comments haha. Though Jordz0005 idea is a good one, But wouldn't GameMaster also have to go throught EVERYONE'S accounts in order to put the items in there? Or is there like a automatic system that does it for you.
Rena1212
Rena1212
Moderator Blob

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]jordz0005 Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:14 pm

Automatic system would spawn an item in your inventory on your birth day thats a birthday gift

[GM]jordz0005
Moderator Blob

http://jordz0005.x10.mx/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Rena1212 Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:24 pm

Ah, sory i didnt really get to use that when i was in Fiesta because i wasn't allowed or i didn't think it existed....>.<.

Last edited by Rena1212 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mispelling)
Rena1212
Rena1212
Moderator Blob

Back to top Go down

Post by [GM]GameMaster Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Such item give aways would be automated indeed. I can manually do it, but as mentioned, that'll be just inefficient and more complicated.
I (sort of) covered the ideas on enhancing individual items- it'll probably be not implemented. I just started working on the new item (equipment specific) system, and I'll have to see how it comes out. But I still think that every single item with the same name will simply end up having the same stats forever. If it ends up having a big negative impact on gameplay (customization, economy, etc.), I can probably bring up a big patch for such system in the far future...
[GM]GameMaster
[GM]GameMaster
Moderator Blob

Location : Life of Fantazia Development Mud-Shack (U.S. Central)

https://lifeoffantazia.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxInABox Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:02 am

- Pets
Will they do more then look pretty?

- Item stats variation
Definitely not the easiest system to make, and it also eats some bandwidth as you have to send quite a bit more info when updating player inventory, atm you would just have to send the item number and amount, if you make it possible to have item stats then it might be more like
~> item id (that got a default set of stats)
~> amount of additional stats
~> stat index
~> stat amount (repeat the 2 last ones for each stat)
the amount could be negative if it is stat items, but positive for the common items that just got a item id and amount

if you send the inventory to the player, and he leaves .. then you can store it on his computer, when he log on then you can do a hash check on his inventory and send the hash to the server (not sure if that is the right word, it is to check if things are equal by making an uniqe number/string out of a lot of data), if it is not correct then you will need to update his inventory again. (ofen used to see if sendt files are corrupt)

- crafting replaces item(s) with other item
This is not a bad crafting method, and without item stats variations then this should be acceptable..

I myself want to see a game that uses recipies with item catagoris:
3 wood
2 metall
1 uniqe/common item
= item with spesial properties depending on the wood and metall used

- mining
How was the old mining system?

- B-day event trigger
The most common thing is to log the day when the game character was created, and use that as the in-game b-day
FoxInABox
FoxInABox
Common Blob
Common Blob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2